Duration: 22 July 2015 to 04 October 2015
ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG, Badstraße 115, 71336 Waiblingen, Germany, is organising and overseeing a contest called the “Instagram #whereislumberjack contest” on the Instagram page https://instagram.com/stihl/ (hereinafter referred to as the “STIHL Instagram page”) from 22 July 2015 to 04 October 2015.
ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG offers the participant the right to participate in the contest solely in accordance with the following terms and conditions. By participating in the contest, the participant accepts these terms and conditions of the contest:
- ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG, Badstraße 115, 71336 Waiblingen, Germany, (hereinafter referred to as STIHL) is the organiser of the contest.
- This contest is not associated with Instagram and is neither sponsored, supported nor organised by Instagram. All participants shall release Instagram from any claims against Instagram that may result in connection with the organisation and management of the contest.
- Persons 18 years of age or older at the time of participation are eligible to participate. Persons 16 years of age or older may also participate in the contest with the express written consent of their legal guardians. Employees of ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG and of companies affiliated with ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG within the meaning of Sections 15 et. seq. of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG), persons close to them and other persons involved in the design and implementation of this contest may not participate.
- Participation is only possible on Instagram. Participants must have their own Instagram accounts. All participants may participate in the contest more than once; however, each participant may only win once.
- Participation in the contest is free and is not contingent on the purchase of goods or services.
- A total of 50 lumberjack key rings (key fobs) will be raffled of among participants during the contest period from 22 July 2015 to 04 October 2015 as follows:
- The contest shall begin on 22 July 2015 with the publication of the first #whereislumberjack image on the STIHL Instagram page.
- The contest will consist of ten (10) rounds. Each round will last one (1) week and will begin with the publication of a #whereislumberjack image on the STIHL Instagram page.
- Per round, five (5) winners will be chosen to receive one (1) key ring each. The winners will be drawn at random at the end of each round.
- The contest shall end at 24.00 hours (midnight) on 04 October 2015.
- To participate in the contest, the participant must post within contest period a comment that clearly states which famous tourist attraction/place is pictured in the image with Jack. The comment must be made below one or several of the #whereislumberjack images published weekly on the STIHL Instagram page.
The names of five winners will be drawn from all participants who come up with the correct answer in their comments below the picture during a round.
- Prizes are non-negotiable and may not be exchanged or transferred. STIHL reserves the right to replace a prize with a different prize of equal value. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash, neither in whole nor in part; substitutions are not possible. Prizes cannot be forfeited to third parties.
- Every participating comment must be in relation to the contest in terms of content. It may not be offensive (contra bono mores) or in violation of criminal law. Further, it may not be in violation of valid laws, copyright, third-party personality rights or STIHL netiquette. STIHL reserves the right to delete comments that violate the aforementioned conditions and to exclude them from participation.
- STIHL reserves the right to exclude participants from the contest who violate valid laws or these terms and conditions of participation, purposefully make false or misleading statements, use impermissible aids or attempt to manipulate the results without needing to provide reasons.
- The winners will be named in a comment on the STIHL Instagram account; this notification will also contain information on the processing of the prize. If the winner does not confirm receipt of the prize notification within 72 hours, he or she shall forfeit the prize. STIHL assumes no liability if, for reasons beyond STIHL’s control, the prize notification is lost during electronic transmission and/or is not received by the winner.
- The winners will receive their prize by mail. STIHL assumes no liability if, for reasons beyond STIHL’s control, the prize is lost in the mail and/or is not received by the winner.
- If personal data from participants is gathered, processed or used as part of the contest, STIHL will gather, process or use said data solely for the purpose of organising and overseeing the contest. The data may be transmitted by STIHL to third parties (in particular transportation companies) for the purpose of delivering the prize. All personal data will be deleted following the completion of the contest. Participants may revoke their consent to the use of their personal data at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Doing so will terminate their participation in the contest.
- STIHL reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest at any time. This right may be used in particular if
- technical problems make it necessary to do so or
- manipulations have been identified or the orderly execution of the contest is otherwise no longer ensured, as may be the case in particular in the event of hardware or software failure, program errors, computer viruses, unauthorised access by third parties and/or mechanical, technical or legal problems.
- All decisions are final. Solely the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.